I may or may not be addicted to peanut butter. In part, I blame Twitter. It was a few months ago when Jessica Jenkins was Tweeting about Peanut Butter & Co. while she was settling into her first year of professional basketball in Iceland. Of all the athletes I’ve covered in my sports-writing career, she’s among my Top 5 favorites. She’s also a personal trainer and ridiculously fit. If Peanut Butter & Co. was good enough for Jessica Jenkins, it was good enough for me. In fact, I had slight withdrawal symptoms last month when I flew to Providence, R.I. for the NCAA men’s hockey tournament and couldn’t bring along my special brand of peanut butter. Luckily, I survived.
But I needed something to keep me from sitting around with a spoon and a jar, especially as I entered my taper zone where I am hungry and cranky all the time. Enter this recipe from PopSugar Fitness for No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls. Enjoy.
No-Bake Peanut Butter Balls
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I used Mighty Maple from Peanut Butter & Co.)
- 1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice concentrated, thawed
- Combine peanut butter, milk powder and coconut in a large mixing bowl
- Stir in oats, ground cinnamon, wheat germ and apple juice concentrate until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the mixture into 16 one-inch balls.
- Chill at about an hour before serving. Store in the refrigerator.